Saturday, September 11, 2010

Little Diddy

Here's a little diddy from yesterday, yet another wrapped bouquet for Neiman Marcus.

I was totally feelin' that all red vibe.


( Awkwardly small image...)

















So. Recently I've made the habit on a weekly basis ( eaaaaarrrrly Saturday mornings ) to get to the flower market to do some of my own personal designing for the loft.  You know you love what you do when you're doing it full time, and then rush to get home to do more of it.  I almost want to cry I love my life so much. Through this process, I've discovered how much I LOVE using inexpensive, long lasting, vibrant color flora. Seeing that we don't use too much in the world of, shall I dare say cheap flowers at Floral Rush, this is a whole new echelon of design ideas and possibilities for me.  I have absolutely no qualms about using carnations, marigolds, and chrysanthemums. It feels silly I should even say it, as if it were a big deal to begin with. How ammusing people should find their status through nature, but I suppose it exists there, too.  I love most the mix of say, a paved mound of carnations with a paphiopedlum orchid accent. STUNNING. A mix between high and low creates balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment